Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blogger's Block

I have no idea what to blog about right now. And that annoys me.

Years ago, my blog was very well read -- popular -- it was even reviewed in the local media as one of the best blogs in Wisconsin! Of course, back then, I was in a very different place in life, and I had more time to write down my thoughts. These days, I'm a busy guy. There's always something pulling me in one direction or another. Either I'm working on a creative project, or I'm working hard to market that creative project. My blogging has slipped to the back burner.

The thing is, though, busy or not, I enjoy blogging. I miss blogging. I love dancing with the written word. But when it's so much easier to post my thoughts during a busy day on Facebook, what becomes of this blog? What happens to this once-great blogging platform? What do I write here that isn't already shared on the big "F"?

Part of me wants to continue the, "this is cool, I found it on the inter-webs" blogging angle that I've been pursing the past few years. I like discovering things. I like learning new bits of knowledge. But then there's the other part of me that wants to go back to those early days of blogging -- twelve years ago -- when I recapped my post-college days, and the ponderous thoughts flowed freely.

It's a tough decision. And it bugs me. Maybe my brain is being tapped out as a result of all the creative work that I do. Maybe I need to scale back the work, sit down... and write. Write whatever comes to mind.

Then again, maybe those ponderous thoughts aren't flowing freely because I'm stuck in a rut of familiarity. I'm comfortable, I'm occupied. I'm content. And what I'm really having a hard time with is -- taking bigger steps into the unknown. Perhaps those early blogging years were so fascinating because I had just graduated from college, and I was wading into the waters of uncertainty.

There's always something to blog about when that something is fresh and new.

Perhaps what I really need, is to focus more on the new, and less on the familiar.

Maybe that's the block this blogger is struggling with. The question is: where do I start?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)