Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"'Star Trek Continues', A Fan-Produced Web Series"

I'm a huge fan of Star Trek. For most of you, this is no secret. I've seen all 725 episodes of Star Trek (including the animated series from the 1970s), as well as all 12 feature films. I direct two popular highly-detailed, Star Trek web-based fan series' (as well as act/write in both); I've met a number of Star Trek cast members; I design, create and sell licensed Star Trek merchandise; and a large part of my office bookshelves contain Star Trek books, technical manuals, encyclopedias, role-playing materials, etc. I've read many of the Star Trek novels; and I own props and memorabilia -- including two Starfleet uniforms.

So... yeah, I know Star Trek.

That's why I'm excited to share with you the first two episodes of a popular Star Trek fan series known as Star Trek Continues. Produced and directed by Vic Mignogna (who also plays Captain Kirk), this web series is attempting to continue the original 5-year mission of the USS Enterprise.

They've been producing some fantastic visual work so far, that is undeniably reminiscent of the original William Shatner Star Trek series of the 1960s. And they have a cast of actors you'll recognize, including: Larry Nemecek, long-time Star Trek writer and consultant; Chris Doohan, the son of the original Scotty (James Doohan); and Grant Imahara of Mythbusters fame. Even more recognizable actors like Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation) and Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk) have shared their talents with the series.

Star Trek Continues has produced two episodes so far. Just last week they released the second. However, for the sake of continuity, I present both episodes for you below -- in order of release. Sit back, relax, and enjoy two of the best fan-produced Star Trek episodes you will ever see:

Episode 1: "Pilgrim of Eternity"
Apollo returns to wreak havoc on Kirk and the Enterprise in the first episode of the new series. Michael Forest, original series actor who played Apollo, reprises his role.




Episode 2: "Lolani"
A survivor from a distressed Tellarite vessel pulls Captain Kirk and his crew into a moral quandary over her sovereignty.



-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)